The Original London Sightseeing Tour was the first – and today the largest – single sightseeing operation in the world. The history of the company can be traced back to the early 1900s. They have three routes to choose from: Yellow, Red and Blue – all covering different corners of London. I decided to take the Yellow on a pleasant July day and it was brilliant!
Our guide, Sasha, was full of energy and wowed us with amazing facts, such as:
- The Royal Opera House is where first professional police force was forced
- The Dorchester is where Elizabeth Taylor had all of her eight honeymoons
- The Temple Church is an incredible building and was actually featured in the Da Vinci Code film – it’s well worth a look.
- Previous orators at Speakers Corner in Hyde Park include the great Karl Max, Lenin and George Orwell.
- Established 1,000 years ago, Borough Market is considered the best in London and been featured in films such as Harry Potter and Bridget Jones – the perfect place to browse the stalls and grab lunch.
Have you been on an Original Tour? It truly is the best way to discover London!
There are no comments yet.