The Original London Sightseeing Tour was the first – and today the largest – single sightseeing operation in the world. The history of the company can be traced back to the early 1900s. They have three routes to choose from: Yellow, Red and Blue – all covering different corners of London. I decided to take the Yellow on a pleasant July day and it was brilliant!
Our guide, Sasha, was full of energy and wowed us with amazing facts, such as:
- The Royal Opera House is where first professional police force was forced
- The Dorchester is where Elizabeth Taylor had all of her eight honeymoons
- The Temple Church is an incredible building and was actually featured in the Da Vinci Code film – it’s well worth a look.
- Previous orators at Speakers Corner in Hyde Park include the great Karl Max, Lenin and George Orwell.
- Established 1,000 years ago, Borough Market is considered the best in London and been featured in films such as Harry Potter and Bridget Jones – the perfect place to browse the stalls and grab lunch.
Have you been on an Original Tour? It truly is the best way to discover London!